Super agers are seniors who have cognitive abilities comparable to people decades younger. And a growing body of research suggests that we can all boost our odds of joining their ranks by tweaking our daily habits and rethinking our views on aging. Here are a few of them:
- Exercise regularly- critical to brain health; helps with memory and problem solving skills
- Intellectual challenges- your brain needs exercise too! This doesn’t have to be a crossword puzzle; learn something new!
- Strong friendships– staying socially active and engaged helps your brain later in life
- Healthy diet- pretty self-explanatory!
- Have a positive mindset- you can’t control everything so focus on the things you can control with a positive outlook