Everything in your life is linked in some way. While we talk a lot about financial well-being, we also believe that your physical well-being is just as important.
Consider a few of these simple points as you think about the food choices you are making on a daily basis:
- Eat foods rich in omega-3s (flaxseeds, walnuts, leafy greens, and fatty fish)
- Our standard american diet (SAD) is fully of highly processed foods, which increases risk of depression, cognition, inflammation, and ADHD. Conversely, a “farmers market diet” is correlated with reduced risks of the above mentioned items.
- 90% of our serotonin receptors are located in our gut, not our brains. Focus on foods that promote “good” bacteria in the gut (i.e. unprocessed foods)
- Inflammation is another factor that affects how we feel; fruits and vegetables are rich sources of antioxidants which help fight inflammation.
- Soda, refined grains, and red meat can are associated with higher levels of inflammation