Yesterday, team Verisail went fly fishing with a guide. It was a great day to be outdoors and on the water. None of us are experts in the world of fly fishing, but we had a great experience. Much of our experience could be attributed to our guide. As I went to bed last night, I couldn’t help but think of all of the ways in which our guide made our experience fun and set us up for success. Here are a few of them:
- EXPERTISE: He has expertise that he is willing to share
- KNOWLEDGE: He knows the waters and helps guide us to where the fish are feeding
- SKILL: He helps us with our technique to ensure that our flies look real to the trout
- EDUCATION: He is patient and willing to share as much as we want to learn
- ADVOCATE: He wanted us to have fun and catch fish, so he helped put us in the best positions possible
Whether it’s a travel agent, mechanic, or general contractor, hiring an experienced “guide” can improve your overall experience in many ways! Think about areas in your life where a “guide” may improve your overall wellbeing.