Giving your money away may feel like jumping off of a cliff! I have found that, after people make the leap, they become happier. Why?
- Simply put, helping others makes you happy! Think about a time when you helped someone else. Maybe you delivered a meal, picked someone up from the airport, helped a friend with a house project, took care of kids / grand kids when someone was sick, etc. It feels good to help, and giving your money to something you believe in is helpful!
- Snaps us out of our funk. We can get stuck thinking about what’s happening in our life. Giving to others forces us to think beyond ourselves.
- Adds meaning to life. It seems we are all seeking meaning in life. Giving to others connects us to someone or something that is meaningful to us.
- We have a lot. When you compare our situation to the rest of the world, we are doing pretty darn well. Let’s share…isn’t that what we teach our kids!
- Tax deduction. Oh, and it may save you taxes as well!
Take the leap…find an organization you care about and give! You’ll be happier!